Steps for Registration
Registering for a Brand and a Campaign in Textr Team is pretty easy and takes only a few steps.
If your team has not registered the brand yet, you will first be asked to fill out a Brand Registration form. If your brand verification status is unverified, please make sure all the information you submit is accurate and resubmit it.
After your brand has been verified by the Campaign Registry(TCR), you will need to register a Campaign. There are three verification status, including pending, rejected, and verified. If your status shows pending or rejected, you’ll need to resubmit your information until it is verified.
You can assign phone numbers to a verified campaign. Typically, it will take up to 24 hours for MNOs to associate your phone number with the campaign, after which you will move on to the final step!
Finally, after the numbers have been successfully associated with a campaign, you can start sending SMS campaigns to your customers!
Here’s a flowchart that demonstrates the entire registration process:
Where to Register
Log in to your Textr Team account on a web browser with this link https://team.textrapp.com/
Click on Setting on the upper left corner, then click Register SMS Campaign.
- If you are registering a toll-free number, click on the Toll-Free Numbers tab and follow the instructions to register.
- If you are registering a local number, click on the Local Numbers tab and then click on Brand Registration or Campaign Registration to continue.
You’ll want to have information on hand that pertains to your businesses. These might vary based on the type of business you have. You’ll find the solutions in the chart below.
Charities / Non-Profit Organization
Note: The messages from a registered charity should be aimed at providing help and raising money for those in need. The option to register a Brand as a Non Profit Organization is open for all Brands but only those organizations that hold a 501(c)(3) status will benefit from the special terms.
As mandated by MNOs, you are required to select a use case at the beginning of the campaign registration process. Different use cases are qualified for different forms of company, below we provide the definitions of all use cases and a chart presenting which use cases are qualified for your company.
Standard use case
- Standard/other: Your campaign will be considered a Standard/other use case if you are not applicable for the special use cases. For example, you’ll use your campaigns for customer care, account notifications, marketing, etc.
Special use case
- K12: K-12 Education is for messaging platforms that support schools from grades K-12 and distance learning centers. *This use case requires external vetting or approval from carriers.
- Charity(501c3): Specifically for brands registered as 501c3. Messages from a registered charity with the purpose of providing help and raising money for those in need. Religious organization excluded.
- Emergency(Government): Notification services designed to support public safety/health in natural disasters, armed conflicts, pandemics and other national or regional emergencies. *This use case requires external vetting or approval from carriers.
- Political: Messages that influence the decision making of specific groups for a political purpose. *This use case requires external vetting or approval from carriers.
- Social: Communication between public figures/influences and their communities. *This use case requires external vetting or approval from carriers.
- Sweepstakes: Sending sweepstakes messages. *This use case requires external vetting or approval from carriers.
- Sole Proprietor: Limited to entities without a EIN / Tax ID. *This use case can only be selected if the brand you registered is Sole Proprietor.
Available Campaign Use Cases
|Private, Public||K12, Standard/other, Social, Sweepstakes,|
|Nonprofit – 501(c)(3)||Charity(501c3)|
|Nonprofit – 501(c)(4), 501(c)(5), or 501(c)(6)||K12, Standard/other, Political|
|Nonprofit – All other 501c designations||K12, Standard/other|
|Sole Proprietor||Sole Proprietor|
Tips for Your Registration:
- Please fill in the required information in English only, TCR cannot process your application with any other language.
- Please ensure you have a sufficient balance in your Textr Team account to speed up the registration process.
The last step is to wait for the results to be returned from TCR! Once the results are in, we will notify you in your Textr Team account. Once your brand and campaign are verified, you’ll need to assign phone numbers to a campaign and start sending SMS messages!
If you are still confused about the Campaign Registry and the pricing, please refer to the following post:
All You Need to Know about the Campaign Registry
How Much Will It Cost for the Registration
We also have another FAQ post about General, Brand and Campaign Registration which will clear up all your doubts. For Chinese users, please refer to here.
Should you have any further concerns, you may contact us by email email@example.com.